Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Happily Ever After


I came across something today that may just inspire a Viking love story. 

It may be my first happily every after children's fairy tale from a Viking.  Most of the stories I write are based on legends and mythology from Iceland and Scandinavia.  The majority teach a lesson or have a warning to avoid danger or trouble.  Very few I have come across have the "happily ever after" that many of the "traditional" fairy tales contain.  That just might change for me as I can't seem to stop daydreaming about stories behind a weaving knife found in Sweden a few years ago.
The item itself is quite beautiful.  It is currently on display at the Field Museum in Chicago.  The ancient knife has a runic inscription that reads: "Think of me, I think of you. Love me, I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment