Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Yule Lads Summer Vacation

I wonder now what the Icelandic Yule Lads do in the Summer months?  I know they all travel back to their snug cave in the mountain in January - right after Christmas.  I imaging they spend a couple months swapping stories and laughing about all the ruckus they raised.  All the mischief they stirred up.  Window Peeper probably had pockets-full of shiny baubles that he brought out on cloudy gray days.  No doubt the sparkle of his trinkets in the candlelight raised their spirits during the dreary snowy days of the deep winter.

But now the Spring has come.  Birds are chirping and the grass is becoming green again. What do the Yule Lads do in the Spring and Summer? Do they sneak around and create havoc no one knows about?  Do they sleep?  Whittle?  Re-decorate the cave?  Or, perhaps they have adventures no one has heard about yet........maybe, just maybe, someone might discover these adventures and tell the stories...

1 comment:

  1. I am really curious now...what do they do??? I think perhaps they annoy the "Hiddens" ...but then again, when I was a small child growing up in Iceland I HAVE seen our livestock spooked without any obvious reason, hmm

    ReplyDelete